Increasing energy efficient at Hotel Berkeley Dubrovnik
1. PROJECT TITLE
Increasing energy efficient at Hotel Berkeley Dubrovnik (KK.04.1.2.01.0007)
2. BRIEF PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Based on an energy audit undertaken at the property, we identified a problem with inefficient heating and cooling system, resulting in wastes of energy.
The project looks to increase energy efficiency and use of renewable energy sources by implementing the following:
1. Optimization of heating, cooling and ventilation systems using waste heat and hydraulic system balancing
2. Improvement of existing or installation of more efficient indoor lighting system.
3. Installation of a central control system for installations and technical systems in such a way that it prevents heat dissipation in the heating season and cooling energy in the cooling season. The central room control system, Intelligent Room, provides control of the presence / occupancy of the room via a contactless card. According to the information whether the room is occupied or not, the setpoint temperature inside the room changes, ie the heating / cooling system is completely switched off.
4. Installation of more efficient ventilation system
5. Replacement of the existing hot water heating system with a system using renewable energy sources includes the installation of an electric high-temperature air-water heat pump which is intended as an additional system in addition to the collector, for heating and for the preparation of hot water, pool heating, radiator heating and as a way of protecting against legionella.
6. Thermal solar collectors (degree of efficiency greater than 70%) for the production of thermal and / or cooling energy, energy for heating useable and / or process water, and energy for space heating and cooling.
7. Heat pump with water as a heating-cooling medium in the secondary circuit for the production of heat and / or cooling energy, energy for heating useable and / or process water and energy for heating and cooling.
3. PROJECT GOALS AND EXPECTED RESULTS
Hotel Berkeley as an energy cost unit for improving energy efficiency and increasing the share of renewable energy sources, the project will implement 7 renewable energy measures, 4 of which will result in energy efficiency through energy savings of 47,949, 86 kWh, while the remaining 3 will result in an increase in share renewable energy of 73,367.61 kWh. The 7 measures implemented will contribute to the achievement of the project objective, ie the total energy cost reduction by 121,317.47 kWh, a decrease of 45,37% compared to the current situation, as well as a reduction of CO2 emissions of 28,48656 t / g.
4. INVESTMENT VALUE
Investment amount: 2.610.976,70kn, of which 1.955.250,58 kn is financed by EU
5. DATES OF IMPLEMENTATION
04 March 2019- 04 March 2021
6. CONTACT PERSON FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Tel: +385 20 494 160
Contact for relevant institutions:
EU structural funds: www.strukturnifondovi.hr
European fund for regional development: https://strukturnifondovi.hr/eu-fondovi